A video tutorial on cleaning messy dialogue destined for a YouTube tutorial using iZotope’s RX6 Advanced and some of the incredible new modules!
Get RX6 Advanced — PIB/RX6Advanced
I am going to use a number of RX6’s new modules to clean a terrible dialogue audio take an make it, not only passable, but actually sound good! In fact, beyond just the standard de-noising, de-essing, and breath reduction I actually get rid of a physical mic tape – where I hit the mic with my finger causing an obnoxious noise – almost entirely! That’s incredible!!
Modules Covered in this Tutorial
- Voice De-noise (manual / adaptive)
- Breath Control
- Dialogue Isolate
- History Panel
Watch the Video Tutorial
*full release notes below
Introducing RX 6 Advanced: The Industry Standard for Audio Repair
Do you own an exisitng iZotope RX product? Upgrade paths available for this product:
- iZotope RX 6 Advanced UPGRADE from RX 1-5 Standard
- iZotope RX 6 Advanced UPGRADE from RX 1-5 Advanced
RX 6 Advanced is the flagship of the RX family of products, the industry standard audio repair tool that’s been used on countless albums, movies, and TV shows to restore damaged, noisy audio to pristine condition. From noise reduction to removing clicks to fixing distortion, RX is a complete toolkit for clean up and audio restoration needs. Visually identify and repair problems with the standalone RX Audio Editor application, or use the plug-ins in real time in your favourite DAW or NLE.
RX 6 Advanced is a complete audio repair, noise reduction, and dialogue editing toolkit featuring revolutionary repair tools like lav mic rustle removal and dialogue isolation, developed with machine learning. Remove lav mic rustle with the industry first De-rustle, reduce low-end wind rumble with De-wind, and remove mouth clicks with the low latency Mouth De-click. Remove microphone bleed, isolate dialogue from noisy backgrounds with Dialogue Isolate, and tame aggressive sibilance with the transparent Spectral De-ess. Clean up your sound with the new industry standard for audio repair.
Built for dialogue editors and post production professionals, RX 6 Advanced features powerful, time saving dialogue editing tools and industry firsts like De-rustle and Dialogue Isolate, developed from machine learning.
Perfect for Post Production Studios and Facilities:
- Includes everything in RX 6 Standard
- Remove rustle from lav mics and other sources with De-rustle
- Isolate dialogue from noisy backgrounds with Dialogue Isolate
- Reduce low-end wind rumble with De-wind
- Features machine learning tech and Advanced-only tools
Machine Learning the Impossible
Years of research and innovations in machine learning allowed us to solve some of the most impossible repair issues in audio post production, including lavalier mic rustle and noisy dialogue backgrounds. Only RX 6 Advanced now includes both of these jaw-dropping new features.
- De-rustle [Advanced only]: Developed with machine learning, De-rustle enables you to remove lavalier mic rustle from dialogue with a single click—an industry first!
- Dialogue Isolate [Advanced only]: Developed with machine learning, Dialogue Isolate extracts dialogue from noisy environments with complex background sounds like clanging plates in a restaurant, traffic noise, and machinery
- De-wind [Advanced only]: Clean up low frequency wind rumble from location dialogue
- Composite View: Edit multiple files at once to fix problems picked up by multiple microphones or in multi-channel files
- Mouth De-click: Remove distracting mouth noise with the new low latency Mouth De-click
- Spectral De-ess: Tame overly aggressive sibilance. The new Spectral De-ess mode transparently attenuates sibilance with iZotope’s Spectral Shaping technology
- De-bleed: Fix bleed problems in multi-mic’d situations, click track bleed, and other bleed issues
- Ambience Match [Advanced only]: Fill in consistent ambience beds under constructed sentences and ADR lines right from within Pro Tools AudioSuite
- EQ Match [Advanced only]: Impart the EQ profile of location dialogue to ADR with two clicks
- Spectral Repair: Visually paint away audio problems like ringing cell phones, birds, and scene interrupting sirens
- Voice De-noise: Fine tuned for vocals and dialogue, reduce unwanted steady state or changing background noise like air conditioning, refrigerator hum, and amp hiss
- Breath Control: Reduce or remove distracting breaths between words and phrases
- De-plosive: Transparently repair unwanted plosives with a single click
- Spectral De-noise: Attenuate amp buzz, tape hiss, and other unwanted steady state background noise
- De-click: Clean up vinyl clicks, clocking errors, and more with the new low latency De-click algorithm
- De-clip: Repair digital and analog clipping artifacts to restore distorted audio
- De-hum: Remove ground loop hum and line noise
RX 6 can be used as a standalone audio editor, as a standalone audio editor connected to your host via RX Connect, or as a suite of plug-ins.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.8.5 – 10.12
Supported Plug-in Hosts:
- Audition CC 2017, Cubase 9*, Final Cut Pro 10*, Live 9, Logic Pro X*, Media Composer 8.8, Nuendo 7, Premiere Pro CC 2017, Pro Tools 10-12, Studio One 3
*Supported in OS X 10.11 or higher
Supported Plug-in Formats:
- AAX (64-bit), Audiosuite DPM, Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit), RTAS (32-bit), VST 2 (32-bit and 64-bit), and VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit).