Marcus Vaughn gives the Pro-L2 by Fabfilter a close look in the newest review video! Come see what all the fuss is about!! You won’t be disappointed!!!
Get Fabfilter’s Pro-L2 — PIB/Pro-L2
This week I got a chance to sit down and get familiar with the NEW Pro L-2 limiter from Fabfilter.
Fabfilter is known for making some of the best plugins on the market, and the Pro L-2 proves this to be true in every way.
There are 4 brand new limiting styles: Aggressive, Modern, Bus & Safe. Each style offers different characteristics & distortion types. I found the “Aggressive” style to be very warm. It gives you a nice lift in the low end and sounds very punchy, but could be a bit much depending on the style of your music. The “Modern” option seems to be a good balance for any style of music. I like the way it preserved my transients. I didn’t really dive into the “Bus” style too much, but I look forward to using it in the future. “Safe” style is the cleanest & most transparent. It was hard to tell I was even limiting at times with this option!
Unity Gain allows you to hear the limiter working without the level gain, so you can really hear the effect the limiter is having on your mix. This is very helpful when limiting and allowed me to get the most out of the Pro L-2.
This lets you hear the only the distortion of whatever style you use when limiting. This feature is great because it allows you to hear how much distortion you’ll be getting, and it helps you choose the right option. I found if you tweak the look ahead, attack & release while in audition mode, you can fine-tune the amount of distortion.
Target Loudness Leveling
I’ve used quite a few limiters and none of them actually have this option. Usually I have to reach for a spectrum analyzer to make sure I hit my target level, but having this option built into the limiter is huge for me. I can reach my target and then send my music out for streaming.
Great sounding, Target Loudness Leveling, 8 different limiting styles to help get the best sound quality, Audition Limiting, Unity Gain. resize-able GUI options.
I wish there was a knee option.
And if the features I named aren’t enough, I forgot to mention it has up to 32x for oversampling ! Crazy right?
In my opinion, the Pro L-2 is one of the best limiters on the market.
It now has a permanent place in my mixing & mastering chain.
Do yourself a favor and go check this plugin out, you won’t regret it.
Watch the Video Review
Full Release Notes
Your music has so much to gain.
Loud and clear
A true peak limiter is an essential tool for every mastering or mixing engineer. Are you looking for a professional, feature-packed limiter that is loud and transparent at the same time, equipped with extensive loudness metering? Then FabFilter Pro-L 2 is your weapon of choice!
FabFilter Pro-L 2 features precise true peak level meters and extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards. Combined with its unique real-time level display, you have all the information you need to achieve the best possible results.
Professional feature set
With highly advanced algorithms, linear-phase oversampling, professional dithering and noise shaping and surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2) and intelligent channel linking, FabFilter Pro-L 2 is the complete solution for every mixing and mastering job.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an excellent help file with interactive help hints, SSE optimization, GPU-powered graphics acceleration and much more.
- Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness
- IMPROVED – Eight different limiting algorithms, all with their own character and purpose
- NEW – True-peak limiting
- IMPROVED – Unique real-time level display with peak gain reduction labels and new innovative display modes
- IMPROVED – Up to 32x linear-phase oversampling
- IMPROVED – Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering including true peak metering
- NEW – Extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4 and ATSC A/85 standards
- NEW – Surround support including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking
- NEW – Optional DC offset filter
- NEW – External side chain triggering for stem mastering
- NEW – Unity Gain option to easily listen to the effect of the current limiting at unity gain level
- NEW – Audition Limiting option to listen to the difference between the input and output signal
- Adjustable meter scale, including K-System support
- Low CPU usage
- Separate channel linking for both the transient and release stages
- Advanced dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Adapts to stereo, mono and surround audio formats
- Adjustable look-ahead, attack and release settings
- Optional Compact interface layout
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only)
- 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Mac OS X
- OS X 10.6 or higher
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel processor
All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only).