Blue Cat’s Destructor is a massive Distortion and Amp simulator. One of my favorite features is the Shape Dynamics module. Let me show you how to get things started!!
Get the Destructor Here — PIB/Destructor
Destructor is quite an impressive piece of kit. The distortion is crispy or warm. The amp emulations are spot on. The user interface has an incredible amount of detail and customization options. But, one of my favorite things about the plug is the shape dynamics module. More specifically that fact that you can use an external source to trigger the distortion that gets added to the main signal.
In this video tutorial I am going to show you how to route an external audio source trigger into Destructor’s Shape Dynamics module in Ableton Live.
Watch the Video Tutorial
*full release notes below
The distortion and amp sims factory that actually goes to 11
Blue Cat’s Destructor is a powerful distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion – from harsh digital destruction to smooth compression or guitar amp simulation (works for clean tones too)! And most importantly, yours!
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, either inspired by existing gear (guitar & bass amps or cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machine)… or created by our destructive minds.
But the plug-in is not limited to these predefined models – all parameters of existing presets are fully editable, which gives you access to an unlimited number of distortion simulations – no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build your custom tone.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, the signal chain is reduced to its bare minimum, simplifying the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix.
Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analog gear.
To make the look and feel of the plug-in fit with your favorites tones, it is bundled with more than 1400 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.
It is also possible to import reference curves measured with Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi to quickly match existing tones.
The plug-in can be loaded into Blue Cat’s PatchWork to be used as a standalone application, where it can be combined with other effects to build your tone.
For frequency-selective or multiband distortion, the plug-in can be used in combination with Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer.
Typical applications – Distortion modeling, guitar amp simulation, non-linear tone shaping channel strip, overdrive, bit crushing, analog compression, hard & soft clipping, coloring, tape saturation, Lo-fi, fuzz, digital noise, aliasing, filter effects.
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing…
- Works for “clean” sounds too
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear
- More than 1400 visual styles to customize the user experience
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3
- Native DSP code for optimal performance
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise
- Full featured integrated presets manager
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard
- Any sample rate supported
- Load reference curves for tone matching
- No latency